Monday 7 February 2011

Sunday... A day of rest

No training on Sunday.  Stayed in bed until around 10am.  Spent a couple of hours starting to learn and write Hiragana and Katakana.  These are two forms of writing that form the basics for learning Japanese.  They are similar to little drawings and are of real interest to me considering that my research is visually based. 

Went for a walk to a different part of Nippori and found a nice bakery where I bought myself a slice of strawberry cream cake and a chocolate gift set for Angelo and Michiko.  Went by train to Nishi Kawaguchi (about 20 mins) and was met by Angelo and Michiko.  They brought me to their apartment where we had a very nice dinner and deserts!  After dinner they brought me to a store in Akabane where I was able to buy some cornflakes in bulk as well as some pasta.  Very cheap!

Very enjoyable and relaxing day.  Was tired come bedtime, hence I'm writing this Monday morning!  Was anxious about the coming week as I was starting morning training and I wasn't sure what to expect..!  

No comments:

Post a Comment