Thursday 3 February 2011

First Two Weeks

I arrived in Tokyo on January 22nd and spent the the past 12 days with a great group of people who were led by Scott Langley Sensei.  During this time we completed Kangeiko (Cold Weather Training) at the JKS Hombu Dojo in Tokyo where we trained every morning and evening for seven straight days.  Considering that I am staying in Japan until May, this was a great way for me to "break in" to the high intensity of training here.

After Kangeiko, we travelled to Yagi Sensei's dojo which is a couple of hours outside of Tokyo where we trained, went sight-seeing and stayed with very generous and welcoming homestay families.  This was something which I was accustomed to having done the same thing when I was in Japan in 2009.

The last two days were spent in the Hakkone region near Mount Fuji.  This is a hot springs resort and there are many opportunities there to catch views of Fuji as well as some much needed R&R!  The group of people who I travelled to Japan with left for home this morning (Thursday February 3rd) at 6am.  I'm all on my own now...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment