Friday 4 February 2011

Friday 4th February

I had intended training from 1030-1130 this morning but I decided otherwise.  Considering the training is so intensive I decided to take it easy and train for two hours this evening.  I will also train for two hours tomorrow evening and I will up my training to three hours a day from Monday onwards (1 hour in the monring and two hours in the evening).

I stayed in bed until 10am this morning.  I was really tired but had a comfortable first sleep in my apartment.  I did some more sightseeing around Nippori and feel that I am getting used to the place.  I spent a couple of hours today learning the Dojo Kun... it is recited at every training session and it was something that I was uncomfortable with not knowing.

Arrived at the dojo at 1730 for 1800 class.  Kanayama Sensei taught from 6-7pm.  Almost all Kihon (basics)... Oisuki... Maegeri, Oisuki up and down the dojo.  Kanayama Sensei was stressing the importance of going long with techniques and finishing in good zenkutsu dachi.  We concluded this session with Gohon Kumite... Jodan, Chudan and Mae Geri with Gyakuzuki on every step.  Changed partners constantly.  I felt good but the floor was slippery and difficult to keep stability at times.  Kanayama Sensei stressed the importance of  driving in with the attacking technique and not coming short..  After this class I gave Makita Sensei my training fee for the next three months.  I had it in an envelope and wrote it in Japanese (using google translator)... He asked if I wrote it and he smiled.. I think he may have been impressed!

I had about a two minute break between the 6-7 and 7-8 classes.  Makita Sensei took the second class.  We did all the Heian and Junro katas as well as Tekki Shodan.  Makita Sensei gave me a few pointers where I could improve throughout and I was happy about this.  Jodan Barai was a bit too bent in Junro Shodan and the slope of my arms at both kiai's in Tekki Shodan was a bit incorrect.  We also did Tokui kata and I decided to do Empi.. Makita Sensei told me that my technique was a bit short a times. 

We finished the class with dojo kumite... Mitts on!  I fought one of the younger dojo members (Cadet World Champion in Kata) as well as two of the senior members. Gave as good as I got and was happy with my performance with both Kanayama and Makita Senseis looking on.  I gave one of the senior members a smack in the face at one stage. Slightly heavy contact and I was concerned about this immediately... After training I went up to him to apologise and he basically said that I didnt need to and that he should have blocked.  He asked me how long I was staying at the dojo for and I explained that I will be staying for three months.  He seemed happy and said that he looks forward to fighting again..!  Intense guy I think :)

The drink from the vending machine always tastes so good after training...!  Got the train back to Nippori.. Quick snack and shower.. Ready for bed now.  Looking forward to the rest.  Meeting Angelo and Michiko at a Swiss restaurant tomorrow and training for two hours tomorrow evening.  Happy with my day :)  Oh.. for those of you who are interested... there was no "muscle training" today!     

No comments:

Post a Comment