Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturday March 12th update

Managed to get a couple of hours sleep..  Was woken a few times by some aftershocks and rocking of my bed.  Earlier while I was on Skype to my uncle Francis in Chicago, there was a knock on the door..  It was Angelo and Michiko!  They never got home last night...  Michiko slept at her workplace and Angelo slept at his school... It was great to be able to sit down with them and chat about what happened and what is happening.

As I was trying to get some sleep I had the BBC news on in the background on my laptop and I also had the television on silent.  At one stage I heard something about another disaster and earthquake and I jumped out of the bed.. hardly knew where I was and I was frantically looking for my jacket with my passport and wallet... Thankfully I had just been listening to yesterdays news on BBC and I quickly realised this... The nuclear emergency is a big worry here at the moment...  I wish I could just get out now.

Will go out for a walk now and see what's happening outside.  Will get some dinner then.  Thanks again for all the messages I have recieved..  They are very much appreciated

2 comments:

  1. Man, stay safe and try to keep your chin up! I know it is too easy for us to say that. I wish I could do something. Please do not hesitate to ask. Dmitry +33679573213

    ReplyDelete