Saturday 12 March 2011

Further update

So the last strong aftershock was about an hour ago.  My head still feels as if the whole place is rocking.  I went for a shower a few minutes ago and I placed an empty shampoo bottle on a ledge so that if the place did start shaking it would fall and I'd know to get out quick!

Just as I was typing the last sentence I had to jump out of my seat and go out to the common area as the whole place was shaking again... One of the many guests in the apartment complex who are sleeping here for the night assured me it would be okay... Earlier in the evening I walked up to Nippori station with a Canadian guy who is also living in the same complex...  The station is closed and there were hundreds if not a couple of thousand of people lining the streets with nowhere to go...  It's all very frightening when millions of people are stranded with no trains operating...

I'm seeing a lot of devastion through the news and it is a big worry... My parents are due to leave Ireland for Japan this Sunday morning... I wonder should it be me that should be getting on the plane and going in the opposite direction... I spoke in my last post about the "Big One"... I have since been informed that this wasn't it...  The big one is known in Japan as "Tokai"... There goes another aftershock....  I might not get much sleep tonight... Hopefully this will be all over in the morning.  Going to try and get some sleep 

1 comment:

  1. Keep you chin up mate and stay positive. Keep aware and keep safe! You've got many family and friends wishing you the best....

    ReplyDelete