Tuesday 14 August 2012

Heading for home! Tuesday August 14th

Well that's it! Sitting here in Narita airport waiting for my flight to London. I decided to upgrade to World Traveller Plus.. Hopefully it will be nice!

Another spell put down in Tokyo... It was a short stay this time but enjoyed it very much. As I said previously, coming to Japan on your own is a very different experience. For me it is my way of finding out what my physical and mental limits are... As you can probably gather... Training at the Hombu dojo is not easy!

In addition to the training, being on my own in the middle of Tokyo provided me with some time for personal reflection. I think that this is very important! What have I figured out this time??! Home is where the heart is! Simple as that! I love Japan, the people and it's culture... But you just cannot beat home!

Another thing that I have very much realised is that it is so important to keep your karate tuned... Physically and mentally. Three weeks of training at the dojo certainly goes a long way towards achieving this. I'm very much looking forward to returning home and sharing what I have learned with all my friends in Abbeyfeale karate club.

Finally, I'd like to thank everybody for their words of encouragement and interest while I have been away. It is very much appreciated!

Until the next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Diarmaid
    Blog has been very enjoyable. Well done for keeping up the training with so many eyes on you for a second stint!
    Frank

    ReplyDelete